Bicycles for Hire
To help make your motorhome holiday even more exciting, United Campervans has bicycle racks and modern bicycles that you can hire at a reasonable rental. Racks can be fitted to any model vehicle in our fleet, and are available in conjunction with hires from either depot, Auckland or Christchurch, including one way hires.
You should note the following information:
- Minimum hire period is 3 days
- All bike hire must be made at the same time as hiring a campervan and a bike rack to avoid disappointment in availability of bikes. Payment for bike hire must be made in full to United Campervans
- Bicycles are all general purpose mountain bikes suitable for both road use and off road conditions. Specialist bikes such as full suspension bikes, road bikes or touring bikes can be arranged for an additional charge
- Similar children's models are available on request
- Child seats are available and can be fitted on request
- A bicycle rack will be fitted to the motorhome at the campervan depot in Auckland or Christchurch. Clients will then be required to drive to the nearby Natural High Ltd location to collect their bicycles. This enables clients to receive a quality bike of the correct size and ensures that clients receive a full briefing on the use and maintenance of the bicycles.
The locations are as follows:
+ Auckland – Natural High, 10 Uenuku Way, Mangere, Auckland
+ Christchurch – Natural High, 690A Harewood Road, Harewood, Christchurch
- Natural High Ltd has the following hours:
Summer: 1 October – 1 May
Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:00
Saturday & Sunday 10:00 – 16:00
Winter: 1 May – 1 October
Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:00, Saturday & Sunday Closed
Bikes will be available for pick up and drop off from the campervan depot at weekends during winter hours. At all other times bikes must be collected and dropped off at the Natural High depot.
Please note that all bike bookings picking up in the weekend must be made at least 48 hours in advance
- A maximum of three bicycles can be carried on all 6 and 4 berth models in the United Campervans fleet
- A maximum of 2 bicycles can be carried on all 2 and 3 berth models in the United Campervans fleet
- A helmet (compulsory in New Zealand), cycle lock and repair kit are supplied with each bicycle
- There is no extra cost for one way hire of bicycles
- The hirer is responsible for repair or replacement costs in cases of damage or loss of the bike and accessories. This includes but is not limited to scratches to bike frames, buckled wheels, damage by keas, missing pumps, locks, multi tool kits, tyre levers and computers
- A NZ$400 bond applies to bike hires. Insurance is available from Natural High for an additional charge. Without insurance Natural High reserves the right to charge for damage or replacement costs
- No refunds will be made for early returns, late pick ups, no shows or changing your mind on the day of the pick up
Hire charges from 01 April 2015 to 31 March 2016 are:
- NZ$12 per bicycle per day
Bicycle Child Seat
Specialised Bicycles and Equipment can be accommodated through our arrangement with specialist bicycle rental company, Natural High Limited, which offers mountain bikes, road and touring bikes and other touring accessories. Bicycle racks should be ordered from UnitedCampervans at the same time as your vehicle, after which you should make contact with Natural High direct at firstname.lastname@example.org for other services.
Bicycle pick up and drop off is available at Natural High’s convenient Auckland and Christchurch locations, and full directions will be provided by United when you pick up your vehicle. All Natural High equipment can be taken on a one way basis between Auckland and Christchurch at no additional charge.
Please refer to www.bicyclerentals.co.nz for further information