United Campervans Insurance - Standard Rates
All United Campervans Standard Rates include Standard Vehicle Liability.
This provides cover for:
Damage to the United Campervans vehicle including overhead and/or under-body damage, single vehicle accident or vehicle roll over, or damage or third party property.
Demurrage costs - the rental rate for the days the vehicle is not available for hire due to accident repairs.
- A Bond/Excess of NZ$5,000 must be paid on collection of the campervan or motorhome. The hirer will be responsible for the first NZ$5,000 of any costs incurred due to damage to the hired vehicle or third party property.
- The hirer will be fully liable for the repair or replacement of damaged windscreens.
- The Bond/Excess of NZ$5000 must be paid by credit card and will be debited immediately. We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express. The Bond/Excess if fully refundable, including the credit card surcharge if the card sued to provide the Bond/Excess is a Visa or MasterCard, provided the vehicle is returned without damage to the United vehicle or third party property and within the terms of the rental agreement.
- Payment of the NZ$5,000 Bond is per incident and should damage be incurred to the hired vehicle or third party property a further Bond/Excess will be required.
- The authorisation will be cancelled on return of the vehicle to the agreed drop off depot, on the due drop off date, in a clean undamaged condition, with no damage incurred to the hired vehicle or third party property, and with a full tank of fuel and empty toilet cassette and waste water tank.
We offer an option to reduce this standard Bond/Excess to NIL:
Payment of NZ$38 per day (maximum NZ$1,900 for any one hire) will completely waive the Excess.
- The hirer will not be responsible for any costs incurred due to damage to the hired vehicle or third party
property, or for the repair or replacement of damaged windscreens, subject to the Insurance Exclusions and provided the hirer has complied with all policy conditions.
- A security deposit of NZ$250 will be required and is taken as an imprint.
All Inclusive Pack
Payment of NZ$45 per day in addition to the vehicle rental rate.
The All-Inclusive Pack is a comprehensive hassle free option that includes key products and services for one easy price:
•CDW Option as detailed above
• Road User Charge Recovery Fee (RUCRF)
• Pre-Purchase LPG Gas
• Picnic table and chairs
• One way fee Auckland to Christchurch
• Child/booster seat on request (for applicable vehicle types)
• Multiple windscreen and tyre repair or replacement
• Snow Chains if required
• Linen exchange. Call into either United Depot at any time during your hire and we will supply you with a clean set of linen
A security deposit of NZ$250 will be required and will be taken as an imprint.
Other Important Information
(Applicable to both Standard and All Inclusive Rates)
The hirer will be fully liable for any damage to the United vehicle or third party property if any of the Exclusions listed in the full terms and conditions are breached. To read those terms and conditions click here.
Under both the CDW Option and the All Inclusive Pack, NZ$250 is taken as an authorisation to the hirer’s credit card when the vehicle is collected as a fuel & cleaning deposit. An authorisation simply records a figure against the credit card of NZ$250 that United can debit if required.
The security deposit is fully reversible on return of the vehicle to the agreed drop off depot, on the due drop off date, in a clean condition, and with a full tank of fuel and an empty toilet cassette and waste water tank.
Details of a credit card will be held, and charges made against it if necessary, to settle all traffic infringement notices (if any) incurred by the hirer with the New Zealand Traffic Authorities. If United Campervans pays the fine on the hirer's behalf a NZ$60 administration fee will be charged in addition to the fine imposed.
Hirers are recommended to take personal travel insurance as our Vehicle Insurance does not provide cover for loss or damage to personal property or for personal injury.